Imajin Books Blog
(Digital List Price: $7.99 US)
US readers & UK readers
- Top 100 Best Seller in Anthologies, Collections & Anthologies, and Ghosts
1. THE BRIDGEMAN by Catherine Astolfo
2. DEADLY LEGACY by Alison Bruce
3. A PURSE TO DIE FOR by Melodie Campbell & Cynthia St-Pierre
4. CHEAT THE HANGMAN by Gloria Ferris
5. A HUMAN ELEMENT by Donna Galanti
6. LAKOTA HONOR by Kat Flannery
7. PELICAN BAY by Jesse Giles Christiansen
8. SAFE HARBOR by Rosemary McCracken
9. SOUL AND SHADOW by Susan J. McLeod
10. INNOCENT LITTLE CRIMES by C. S. Lakin
11. ROOM OF TEARS by Linda Merlino
12. DIVINE INTERVENTION by Cheryl Kaye Tardif
With an individual list price total of more than $45.00 and over 640 reviews collectively on Amazon.com, the DEADLY DOZEN Book Bundle is a value-packed, rollercoaster thrill ride that takes you from amateur sleuth to detective to paranormal to ancient mysteries set in intriguing worlds and so much more.
Great things come in threes this July!
- 'Share the Imajin Books Buzz' contest - share our events on Twitter and Facebook, and share your pics of our books on your ereaders or you holding one, and receive entries into a grand prize draw for a $100 Amazon/Kobo gift card! Other prizes include: a poster of "Sanctuary" by critically acclaimed artist David Miller, and three $20 Amazon or Kobo Books gift cards (winners' choice). Open to anyone 18+. Void where prohibited. To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below from July 12-20.
- Imajin Books eBook Sale – www.imajinbooks.com/sale – most ebooks will be priced at $0.99 or $1.99 from July 12-20 via Amazon & Smashwords.
- Facebook Party - for one day only, Thursday, July 17th, we'll be holding a Facebook Party online and giving away prizes (ebooks and gift cards from Amazon, Smashwords and Kobo.) Join us at: https://www.facebook.com/events/659449144144070. The party begins 2:00 PM EDT and goes until 8:00 PM EDT. Our authors will drop by when they can. Be sure to also like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/imajinbooks.
All our ebooks are currently priced at $4.99 or less, and are available from Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and more.
Check out our authors and our books today, and experience the worlds of Imajin Books.
- …remember we read manuscripts every year, and yours must stand out and hook us immediately, so grab us with the very first sentence!
- …hire an editor BEFORE you submit your work to a publisher; there's too much competition not to submit your best work possible.
- …edit your work multiple times until you believe it's polished and ready. Then edit once more.
- …be sure you understand Chicago Manual of Style grammar rules—subscribe or buy the book. Refresh your memory on grammar skills often. Be sure you're using dialogue tags and beats correctly.
- …run your work through a spell check AFTER setting the language (US is most common, but if you're from UK and your book is set in UK, set the language to British English.)
- …read our guidelines, and give us what we ask for, including the genres we're looking for.
- …get to know the publisher, Cheryl Tardif, on Facebook and Twitter, and follow/Friend Imajin Books and Cheryl Kaye Tardif (author).
- …present yourself as a professional writer on your Facebook page—because we WILL check it. Same with Twitter.
- …include links in your first correspondence to your FB, Twitter, website and blog.
- …be patient, and give us at least 6 weeks to review your submission. We have a process that includes two beta readers, and this takes time. If you don't hear from us by then, feel free to email us.
- …send us anything BEFORE we're open for submissions. This includes agents. Thank you.
- …send us manuscripts outside of the ones we're looking for, which are listed on our submission page.
- …send us an unedited manuscript with poorly constructed sentences and dialog, and don't blame inadequate spelling skills on "dyslexia." The publisher at Imajin Books is dyslexic, and she knows the difference between that and poor spelling.
- …pitch your book to us as "perfect for anyone any age." Know WHO your target audience is and why they will read it.
- …send us a manuscript without a well-written 3-paragraph synopsis that reads like back cover text. Hint: READ back covers of other books in your genre, and fashion your paragraphs after them. Hint 2: Present tense!
- …present an unprofessional image online anywhere.
- …send us multiple emails pushing your book. If you've submitted it already, be patient.
- …expect huge 6-figure advances from us. We're a small, independent publishing company and we don't do large advances.
- …expect any publisher, including us, to do ALL the marketing for your book. A publisher can position your title for distribution, but authors sell books, and that's part of your responsibility. That's how you establish your brand. So be prepared to work hard and invest in your brand. It'll pay off in the end.
- …give up. If we turn down your book, it means it wasn't right for us. That doesn't mean it might not be right for another publishing company. If we give you any unsolicited tips or suggestions, which we might do on occasion, learn from them as they most likely will improve your work.
- ...tell us you aren't interested in a contract unless we accept your ready-made cover (or one you paid for) or edits by only your editor/friend/mother/aunt/teacher. And don't tell us you'll only reveal your novel plot/synopsis if we make a deal right now (on a book we haven't even read yet). This tells us you're an amateur and/or don't understand the publishing business.
- ...be rude or demanding to a publisher, and don't burn bridges. Not only is this unprofessional, it'll bite you in the ass. Publishers usually know other publishers, and word gets around like a bad virus if there's a nasty writer on the loose.
Focus on the Dos! :-)
You can read our submission guidelines at http://www.imajinbooks.com/submissions.
Hazardous Unions: Two Tales of a Civil War Christmas by Alison Bruce & Kat Flannery
Stairway to Awesomeness!: 30 Fundamental Steps to Living a Life of Awesomeness! by Comic Strip Mama
· STOP taking life SO SERIOUSLY
· Focus on the POSITIVE lessons
· Recognize the BLESSINGS
· Find the HUMOR in everything. Yes, even tragic things!