The future of reading is ebooks, and the future is NOW!
Imajin (pronounced just like 'imagine') Books* is an innovative publisher of quality fiction in ebook and trade paperback editions. You'll find our books at Amazon, KoboBooks, Smashwords and other ebook and print retailers.
We are a small, independent Canadian publisher and we operate as a traditional publisher in most ways (yet we're anything but "traditional"), offering small advances and above standard royalties. We are NOT a subsidy or vanity publisher, and we do not charge publishing fees to our authors. See our submission guidelines.
We are an electronic publisher (ebooks) and a print publisher (via Createspace), and we offer solutions to authors looking for publication who do not want to self-publish. Our trade paperbacks are distributed through Ingram Content Group and Lightning Source. We're environmentally conscious, so we do not do large print runs but use on-demand technology. Ebooks are our primary focus, not print.
Our authors will have input regarding their book title, editing and cover design, and will be considered part of our team. All of our titles are professionally edited and proofread to ensure the best possible quality, and we hire professional cover designers to work on our exceptional covers. As the publisher, we will creatively market your books online with passion and dedication, and we expect the same in return from our authors.
To book lovers, libraries and retailers:
Imajin Books will provide you with countless hours of entertainment in various ebook formats and select trade paperbacks. You'll love our books!
Some of the advantages of being published by Imajin Books:
1. We pay higher than average ebook royalties - 50% of collected sales.
2. We don't lock you into a never-ending contract. We ask for 5 years to get your book off the ground and running at breakneck speed. After that, it's up to you if you want to stay with us, but we hope you do.
3. We don't believe in "rights grabs". We don't want all your rights. Sorry. We want you to have choices in your career. We ask for digital and print rights for ebooks and paperbacks. We may ask for other rights later, but it's up to the author.
4. We offer writers a new choice in publishing. We operate as a traditional publisher, paying a small advance and royalties, and we allow our authors to have a bit more control in the total package design of their books, including input into the book cover and title. We'll actually listen to you.
5. We might publish previously published works (backlist titles), providing the author has had all rights revert back to them--in writing. We also might consider a title that is already out in paperback, but not out in ebook edition, providing the author still has electronic rights.
6. We offer our authors incentives like free Kindle Fire HDs and monetary rewards for achieving certain goals.
QUALITY FICTION BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS
The history of Imajin Books:
Imajin Books® was created by international bestselling author Cheryl Kaye Tardif in 2005, as a subsidiary of Imajin Creations, the company name for all her writing, design and marketing endeavors. Cheryl created Imajin Books when she decided to self-publish some of her titles as trade paperbacks, titles that have gone on to be bestselling novels. In early 2011 she opened her company to accept works by other authors.
Cheryl's work background consists of marketing, sales, advertising, telemarketing, fundraising and motivational speaking for over 25 years. She has spoken at writers conferences in Canada and the US on various topics regarding book marketing. Many in the industry consider her to be skilled and knowledgeable.
She is also well connected to various experts in the book industry, and she draws on these resources while operating Imajin Books. Authors published by Imajin Books will benefit from Cheryl's skills.
A few years ago, writers approached me and asked me if I'd consider publishing them under my publishing company. I always said, "Sorry but no." In 2011 I changed my mind. I realized that I could fulfill a need and offer a service that many writers were looking for.
By publishing other authors' works via Imajin Books, I give my authors the opportunity they've been dreaming of and hoping for, as well as share what I've learned along my journey. If your book is accepted, be assured that you will get the attention to detail that I give my own books.
"Dare to Dream...and Dream BIG!"
* * *
IMAJIN BOOKS® has relocated to West Kelowna, BC, from Edmonton, AB, and is not the same company as ImaJinn Books in the US.